About Us: Decatur Business Association
Promoting a Successful Business Community Together
Pictured: Patrick Grier receives the 2008 Thomas O. Davis Public Servant Award
The DBA presents the Thomas O. Davis Public Servant Award every year to a Decatur public servant who exemplifies the finest qualities of citizenship. This award was established in 2001 in memory of Thomas O. Davis, Decatur's city attorney from 1968 until his death in 2000.
>Click for more information
The Decatur Business Association (DBA) is a membership organization representing businesses, professionals, financial institutions, arts groups, associated agencies and organizations and private individuals who share an interest in promoting and doing business in the City of Decatur.
Our primary goals are:
- to serve as advocates for the business interests of the city; and
- to promote Decatur as a unique, thriving, small-town experience in metro Atlanta.
Supporting an Active Membership
with Programs and Projects that Generate New and Repeat Business
The DBA works with the Decatur Development Authority to create a dynamic business environment. Our key objectives are to:
- attract new and repeat business for our members throughout the year
- generate effective promotional ideas that help maintain Decatur's position as a major shopping and dining destination in metro Atlanta
- provide opportunities for business owners and residents to participate in programs and projects that support the quality of our community life.
DBA members include new and established businesses in and near Decatur, financial institutions, arts groups, and associated agencies, organizations and private individuals. If you want to know what's going on around the city and how to tap into the benefits and opportunities, join us today!
The annual DBA Directory contains the names, addresses and contact information for all DBA members by business category.
DBA activities make membership interesting, exciting, and highly beneficial to both new and established business owners. They include:
- Monthly meetings with brief informative programs and informal networking sessions.
- Popular annual events that draw local residents and regional visitors (new and repeat customers) to downtown Decatur and Oakhurst.
- The DBA member directory, which is updated annually and distributed throughout the city.
- Volunteer opportunities that allow you to get involved a little or a lot.